02 März 2011



MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA WHITE OBJECTS I LINE 69 THE SEX OBJECT





GEORGE SEGAL, WOMAN SITTING ON BED, 1996. COPPER, BRONZE, WOOD, PLEXI, ELECTRIC LIGHT



FOR SOMEONE SO DETERMINED TO LEAVE HER MARK ON THE WORLD, LÉONOR IS SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME REMOVING HER FINGER MARKS OFF DOORS. LÉONOR IS AN ARTIST AND WHAT WITH HER EXCESSIVE CLEANLINESS, THE LIVING ROOM IS BRIMMING WITH CANVASES AS PURE AS ROBERT RYMAN'S MINIMALIST 'WHITE PAINTINGS'. I AM CONSTANTLY TELLING HER TO GET A CLEANING LADY SO THAT SHE CAN ACTUALLY START WORKING ON HER PAINTINGS INSTEAD, BUT SHE SAYS NO, SHE WANTS EVERYBODY TO BELIEVE THAT SHE IS NOT WEARING ANY MAKE-UP. SHE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE SHE IS WEARING ANY, THE DOORS SULLIED BY HER FINGERS WEAR IT FOR HER. LÉONOR IS THE EMPTIEST WHITE PAINTING I HAVE EVER POSSESSED.

"PEOPLE OF REFINEMENT HAVE A DISINCLINATION TO COLOURS. THIS MAYBE PARTLY A WEAKNESS OF SIGHT, PARTLY AN UNCERTAINTY OF TASTE, WHICH READILY TAKES REFUGE IN ABSOLUTE NEGATION. WOMEN NOW APPEAR ALMOST UNIVERSALLY IN WHITE AND MEN IN BLACK. AN OBSERVATION, VERY GENERALLY APPLICABLE, MAY NOT BE OUT OF PLACE HERE, NAMELY THAT MAN, DESIRIOUS AS HE IS OF BEING DISTINGUISHED, IS QUITE AS WILLING TO BE LOST AMONG HIS FELLOWS." JOHANN WOLFGANG GOETHE, THEORY OF COLOURS, 1810.

I UNIFORMLY WEAR BLACK, DISAPPEAR INTO THE SCENERY AND DREAM OF SUMMER DAYS WHEN I WILL BE VISIBLE AGAIN TILL 10 PM WHAT WITH THE ADVENT OF THE TARDY SUNSETS. IT'S WINTER, I AM INSOMNIAC AND BY THE TIME I GET OUT OF THE APPARTMENT, IT'S 5 PM AND ALREADY PITCH BLACK OUTSIDE. I WISH I WAS HOLDING A MAGIC WAND INSTEAD OF THIS CROOK RIGHT NOW SO THAT MY UMBRELLA WOULD TURN ITSELF INTO A LAMPSHADE SO THE SALES STAFF AT PRADA WOULD RECOGNISE MY (PRADA) COAT THROUGH THE STORE WINDOW AND GIVE ME A KNOWING SMILE. AS A SIGN OF RESPECT AND GRATITUDE, IF YOU LIKE. I SWEAR IT HAPPENS DURING DAYLIGHT.

BEGÜM SEKENDIZ BORÉ, EXTRACT FROM MY STORY FROM I.T POST SPRING SUMMER 2011 ISSUE 9 - OUT MARCH 2011

Archiv