26 April 2010


ARRIVALS


'ARRIVALS' , PHOTOGRAPHY JASON EVANS STYLING SIMON FOXTON, i-D EGO ISSUE 1998

THERE ARE FEW THINGS THAT MAKE ME AS SAD AS SEEING MY CLOTHES GET CREASED AND QUASHED IN TRAVEL BAGS AND NOTICING THAT A BELT BUCKLE HAD LEFT AN ETERNAL MARK ON MY LEATHER SHIRT LIKE COOKIE CUTTERS DO ON PLAYDOUGH WAS THE LAST STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK. THERE WAS NO TURNING BACK, FOR IF THERE WAS,I WOULD NEVER HAVE REMOVED IT FROM THE HANGER AND IT WOULD KEEP ON BREATHING EASY AND HANGING LOOSELY LIKE THE DEAD PARTRIDGE BY JAN BAPTIST WEENIX. THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I WAVED GOODYBYE TO MY BAGS BEFORE CONVEYOR BELTS BECAUSE NOW, WHEREVER I GO, I GO WITHOUT BAGS AND WITHOUT CLOTHES AND BUY LUXURY CLOTHES AT AIRPORTS. SOME SAY I AM BEING EXTRAVAGANT, BUT NO, HAVING LEFT ALL MY CLOTHES AT HOME, THESE NEW CLOTHES I LATER DISCARD ARE ACTUALLY NECESSITIES, NOT LUXURIES.IF I WERE TO MOVE HOUSE ONE DAY, I GUESS I WOULD LEAVE ALL MY FURNITURE HOME SO IT WOULDN'T GET DAMAGED IN TRANSPORT TRUCKS. MY BELONGINGS ARE THAT PRECIOUS. BEGÜM SEKENDIZ BORÉ

Archiv